Wednesday, February 13, 2008

IBM Thinkpad Technical Garb


I am not sure who witnessed or was involved in trying to solve my laptop display issue, but it is now corrected.

I finally figured out what to do and I thought I would pass this along because I had never noticed the “tool” I had to use before and it may be helpful to those of you who have the ATI Graphics Card.

The problem was that when I docked my laptop it shrank the display and I could not make it return to a full screen. It could not be corrected with re-setting the display resolutions (right click on desktop, etc.), nor did it help to update the video driver. Everyone was stumped (including our techs).

Today, I discovered from START-PROGRAMS there is a Catalyst Control Center where you can go to adjust your display settings and most importantly RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS!!!

It is a shame I have suffered and strained my eyes for so long now when the answer was right there all along.

No comments: